Global 5G Infrastructure Market Analysis & Forecast during 2019-2028 – Market Report by RationalStat
The report, titled “5G Infrastructure Market” analyzes the regional, global, and local market based on the communication infrastructure and core network technology, network infrastructure, frequency of operation, regions, and end-users. The report offers thorough analysis of the market’s historical and projected size along with trends analysis. The report provides analysis of market share and production capacity of the leading players, competitive analysis, key strategic considerations numbers of sales per year, expansion opportunities, summary of production, as well as a competition analysis for the players that are targeted in the study on 5G infrastructure market.
Market Overview and Dynamics
The market for 5G infrastructure is predicted to increase by an annual rate of over 50% over the period 2022-2028. The rising demand for high-speed data with low latency, and the increasing demand for data-intensive applications have increasing the growth of the market. Both consumers and businesses are demanding faster networks for various purposes like entertainment online meetings, cloud-based services and many more, which is further fueling the market’s growth.
Furthermore, the increasing number of devices that are interconnected boosts the need for more capacity to handle the growing data volume, which will lead to the requirement for 5G. As per RationalStat Analysis, the number of active IoT devices will rise to 9.9 billion during 2019 up to 21.5 billion by 2025. While non-IoT device connectivity will continue to grow, IoT devices will be approximately two-thirds of the connections by 2025, an increase from just one-third in the year prior.
The 5G infrastructure market was worth more than USUSD 2.6 billion as of 2021. The market is predicted to reach USdollars 65.0 billion at the end of 2028.
Additionally, the growing number of internet and mobile phone penetration,the increasing number of Machine-to-Machine (M2M) connections across the globe influence the demand for 5G infrastructure. RationalStat estimates that Global M2M connections will increase up to 60% from 9.0 billion connected in 2020, to 14.5 billion connections by 2023. The increase in M2M connections is a result of the need for increased capacity to increase productivity and efficiency, thus contributing to the growth in the market.
- Based on the network’s core technology Network function virtualization (NFV) is the most popular technology in the market since it designs and manages virtual networks and expands the network. The technology is also employed in 5G wireless networks since it offers energy-efficient and cost-effective solutions.
- On the basis of operating frequency under 6 GHz was the dominant market share in 2021 due to the increase in spending by the major players in the acquisition of mid- and low-band frequencies.
- Based in this region Asia Pacific is expected to be the dominant player in the 5G infrastructure market because of the rapid roll-out of 5G network plans from private and public companies, along with the increasing number of 5G solutions makers and component suppliers within the region.
Competition Analysis: Nokia, Ericsson, and Huawei hold a prominent market share
The global 5G infrastructure market consists of a significant number of industry players and observes healthy competition between them. Leading players such as Qualcomm Inc., Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd., Telefonaktiebolaget LM Ericsson, Nokia Corp., Vodafone Group PLC, Intel Corp., Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd., IBM Corp., Siemens AG, Cisco Systems Inc., NEC Corp., and Fujitsu Ltd. hold a dominant position in the 5G infrastructure ecosystem globally. These industry players are making significant investments to gain a competitive edge over other players and increase market share in the market space. Key developments observed in recent years include,
- In January 2022, Telesat joined hands with ENCQOR 5G to conduct demonstrations, trials, and pilots to advance 5G connectivity. The partnership, however, is particularly for industries operating in rural areas in Canada.
- In January 2022, T-Mobile US Inc. and Crown Castle International Corp. announced a 12-year agreement to support a nationwide 5G of T-Mobile network with increased access to Crown Castle’s towers and small cell locations.
RationalStat has segmented the global 5G infrastructure market on the basis of communication infrastructure, core network technology, network infrastructure, operational frequency, end-use, and region.
- By Communication Infrastructure
- Small Cell
- Micro Cell
- Pico Cell
- Macro Cell
- Radio Access Network (RAN)
- Distributed Antenna System (DAS)
- Small Cell
- By Core Network Technology
- Software-Defined Networking (SDN)
- Network Function Virtualization (NFV)
- By Network Infrastructure
- 5G Standalone
- 5G Non-Standalone
- By Operational Frequency
- Less than 6GHz
- More than 6GHz
- By End-Use
- IT & Telecom
- Consumer Electronics
- Energy & Utilities
- Others (Media & Entertainment, Transportation, Logistics, etc.)
- By Region
- North America
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Western Europe
- Rest of Western Europe
- Eastern Europe
- Rest of Eastern Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- ASEAN (Indonesia, Vietnam, Malaysia, etc.)
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of the Middle East & Africa
- North America
For more information about this report visit https://store.rationalstat.com/store/global-5g-infrastructure-market/