Nokia XR20 brings longevity solution for enterprise use: rugged phones that can survive drops, extreme temperatures and water immersion
HMD Global has expanded its Android Enterprise Recommended portfolio of Nokia devices with a new smartphone that’s perfect for even the most demanding businesses – the new Nokia XR20.Built to a military standard,[i] it can withstand the toughest working conditions spanning a wide range of industries from logistics and transport to factory floor. This is the first Nokia phone that is part of the rugged Android Enterprise Recommended Program.
Whilst boasting the same sleek, tasteful design that Nokia phones are recognised for, the Nokia XR20 not only offers commercial level need for durability but also comes with added features that make it ideal for enterprise use, such as:
- Tested to survive up to 1.8m drops on hard, rough ground [ii]
- 1.5m water immersion for up to 1h[iii]
- Usability in temperatures ranging from -20°C to +55°C
- A programmable top button that can be used to launch apps or set up as an emergency button
- Customisable side button for push-to-talk use iv
- Extra loud stereo speakers with OZO Playback that can brave a running motorcycle at 96dB
- Support for 5G standalone (SA) networks and private LTE bands to enhance your Industry 4.0 business critical applications within company private wireless network, allowing for faster download speeds and low latency
Keeping your phone for longer is not just about the durability of the device itself, software support is also key. Researchv shows that the average lifespan of a smartphone used in an enterprise setting is declining due to insufficient support for long-lasting build devices. Mirroring the same need for reliability on the inside, the Nokia XR20 comes with the longest support yet.
- Extended four years of monthly security updates will keep company and personal data safe up to year 2025
- Three years of Android™ OS upgrades
- Extended three-year warranty (Europe & ANZ)
- Free one-year screen replacement – should the unexpected happen (Europe only)
Building on the portfolio of trustworthy solutions, the Nokia XR20 complements the growing range of enterprise offerings from the home of Nokia phones and accessories. Featuring the existing Enterprise Mobility Management and IoT data roaming services HMD Enable Pro and HMD Connect Pro, the Finnish brand recently reinforced its commitment to continue to grow and develop its offering for businesses. With HMD Enable Pro, company IT can deploy the Nokia XR20 with the needed apps and configurations for the task. Efficient, easy-to-use, and flexible, it’s built on Android Management API, making the solution future-proof, and ensuring you receive the benefits of latest Android Enterprise capabilities.
Andrej Sonkin, General Manager of Enterprise at HMD Global: “Providing both hardware solutions and services to businesses across the globe gives us a great insight into what they require. We work closely with our existing customers and take their needs onboard in R&D for any new additions to the portfolio, which allows us to stay ahead of the curve. The Nokia XR20 has been no exception and we look forward to what the future holds.”Available to pre-order in the UK today – 4/64GB for £399 and 6/128GB for £449.